Plaistow Public Library opened to the public on January 2, 1897. Later that year, Trustees wrote:
"The eagerness of the public to avail themselves of the privileges of the library indicates that we have taken a step in the right direction. It is believed by many that no such influence for good has ever been set in motion in our town."
Since that time, the Library has undergone many changes, including two moves to new locations.
View and download "A New History of Plaistow Public Library", written by Rand Hall. (Attached Below)
View and download a facsimile of the complete Library report for 1897. (Attached Below)