What's all the hoopla about?
Introducing hoopla! We’re excited to announce that Plaistow Public Library is now offering this new library app to all of our patrons. Download e-books, audiobooks, TV shows, movies... even graphic novels and comics!
Titles can be streamed immediately, or downloaded to phones or tablets for offline enjoyment later. There are hundreds of thousands of titles to choose from, with more being added daily.
With hoopla, it's like having your public library at your fingertips. Anytime. Anywhere. With no waiting lists. And no late fees. Grab your library card and give it a try today!
Meet Libby - Overdrive's new guide for FREE ebooks and audiobooks
With OverDrive eBooks, you can get a book any time, day or night.
- Over 10,000 eBooks and 8,000 audiobooks, with new titles added each week.
- All you need is a computer or mobile device and your library card!
- Login to NH.Overdrive.com, select Plaistow Library, enter your card number, and go shopping!
- Just as with any library book, it's all free!
- #ProTip: When you search our catalog, look above the regular search results. You'll see a little box with a blue outline. In there, you will find the results of your search from the statewide ebooks and audiobooks catalog.
For help getting started, visit the Overdrive site here.
See the World!The secret is out... Yes, we are a passport application acceptance facility!
For all the details, click here.
Note: This service is by appointment only.
Please call ahead at 382-6011.
Scope Out the Stars
Join us for our Sky Watch & Star Party with the NH Astronomical Society! Register here.
Gentle Yoga with Sybil
Note: No yoga on Friday, March 2.
Plaistow: A Town HistoryTake a walk down memory lane and see the Plaistow of yesteryear with this special presentation by Jim Peck of the Plaistow Historical Society. See slides of historic buildings and homes from the PHS archives, and hear the stories of our forefathers who settled here centuries ago. Register for this special event here.
Copies of "Plaistow, Westville, and the North Parish" (Arcadia, 2001) by Mark C. Foynes will be available for purchase, so you can have your very own copy at home.
For more information on PHS, visit http://www.plaistowhistorical.org
Book Club(s)!Step out of your comfort zone and read something different for a change!
Meet new people with similar interests!
Reserve your copy here, and join us at either 10:30AM with Kelli, or 6:30PM with Scott.