Summer Reading Program 2019
A Universe of Stories
Participants - Ages 0-18
- The summer reading program is open to readers and non-readers ages 0-18.
- Register in the Children's Department or online Register Here.
- Stop by the Children's Department to pick up your reading folder, reading log, a FREE Chipolte Kids meal and prizes. First 75 to register will also receive a summer reading book bag.
Children - Ages 3-18
- Read every day for at least 20 minutes.
- Record your reading on your summer reading log.
- For every 2 hours of reading BLAST in to the library to collect an INSTANT WIN scratch ticket.
- Limit one scratch ticket per day per person.
- See Miss Jenn to claim scratch ticket prizes and for MORE ways to WIN this summer!
- Complete your entire reading log and WIN tickets to the Topsfield Fair (K-6) and MUCH MUCH MORE !
- Complete square on Early Literacy reading log.
- Come in and earn prizes.
- Complete the entire reading log and WIN FREE ice cream.
The Youth Department Has Something for Children of All Ages
Building a Community of Readers!
You are invited to bring your family to the library. Read, explore, play and connect with your child and other members of the PPL community. Plaistow Library has long served the community through an amazing collection of books, magazines, movies and more. Our services and programs engage youth and families, building a love of books and a community of readers. Come discover all that we have to offer!
Storyhour for Ages 0 - School Age
Introduce your child to the magic of books and a love of reading!
Storyhour is an wonderful way to share the magic of books and the love of reading with your child. Storyhour promotes a love of reading, encourages early literacy skills and prepares your child to learn in a school situation. But the benefits of storyhour go well beyond school readiness and literacy. Storyhour builds social skills and friendships for both you and your child as well as a sense of community belonging. Come to the library and share the magic with your child!
Take the Bus to the Library
Pollard - Bus #101
TRMS - Bus #130
TRHS - Bus #104
Programs and Events for Children of All Ages at PPL
Check out what's going on at the Library!
Miss Jenn is listening to...
Are you curious about a books content, age appropriateness, or the next family friendly movie to checkout?
1000 Books Before Kindergarten
Sign Up Today!
Welcome to the 1000 Books Before Kindergarten Program at the Plaistow Public Library.
YOU are your child's first and most important teacher. The most important activity to help build early literacy skills and reading success is to read to your child.
Sign up in the Children's Department today!
For more information contact Jennifer Dawley email@example.com
Introduce your child to TumbleBooks! TumbleBooks is an online library of e-books, audio books, puzzles and games for your child. All FREE to your child with your library card.
Explore TumbleBooks with your child today!
Click here to explore TumbleBooks.